Coronavirus Resources for Church Leaders
With the Coronavirus pandemic dominating news headlines, church leaders are in the trenches of deciding how best to respond. Understandably, there’s a lot of focus on large gatherings and how to reduce the spread of the virus. Thankfully, there are several resources available to help church leaders make wise choices. Below are a handful of items that offer practical tips and sound advice:
- CDC Guidelines for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- XPastor Course on Coronavirus and Church
- Tithe.ly post on Coronavirus resources, including online giving tips
- Upcoming webinar by Ministry Brands (March 17)
- Churchteams post highlighting communication and online giving
- Ed Stetzer interview with the Surgeon General with advice for churches
- Christianity Today article on lessons from churches in Singapore
- Comprehensive communications post from Church Communications and Northshore church in Kirkland, Washington
- COVID-19 Resources page, including a Church Planning Template from Wheaton College
- Project management processes can make coordinating a response more effective. Get started with project management with tips from this post.
- Join the Church Executive Administration & Operations Facebook group for ongoing discussion and insights on how other churches are dealing with the Coronavirus.
- Coronavirus and the Church – a new website launched by the Humanitarian Disaster Institute, Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College, and The PEACE Plan (Saddleback Church)
- Free Coronavirus preparation training with checklists and more from Ministry Grid
- Need help getting your church online ASAP? Faithlife is providing support and tips on how to make this happen quickly. Also, Life.Church’s Open Network offers a free Church Online Platform.
- Text In Church is offering a 60 day free membership to help churches stay connected with their congregations.
- Free support to help you navigate how this crisis could impact giving from Generis.
- ChurchTechToday has a page of COVID-19 church resources including free live-streaming information, social graphics for communicating during this crisis, and more.
Your congregation and community are counting on you to make good choices under rapidly changing and difficult circumstances. Leverage the insights of experts as you decide how to move forward with church services, events, and gatherings. Throughout this international emergency, let’s be calm and prepared as we ultimately trust God with whatever comes next.
**Note: I’m adding to this list as I come across more resources. Let me know if you hear of (or create) a resource for church leaders.**